Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflections at Bt Chandu

Hi kids,
Hey hey!!! i hope you have had a great time at your learning journey to Old Ford Factory and Bt Chandu. learning about Singapore's past, the days during the Japanese Occupation and gotten a deeper insight towards the lives of our early ancestors and immigrants. Here's a video to jolt your memories and to reinforce what you have seen during your journey.


23 comments:

  1. I learn that we should not depend on others.We saw a few videos about the war.I think one of the video at Bukit Chandu is too bloody.The way the japanese hang the soldiers on the tree is too cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the trip to Bukit Chandu,we learn not to depend on other people.In old Ford Factory and Bukit Chandu,there are videos to tell us how the Japanese and British fought in the war.The videos were interesting and exiting but sometimes they could be quite violent!the day before the trip I was thinking that it will be an enjoyable trip-soit was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this video it is interesting.I love the fighting part it is because they fight with loyal and trust.I dislike the way that the japanese soilder treat them.I learn about the what happen in past.I think that we are very lucky that we don't need to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everybody,

    I like the movie that we watched at Bukit Chandu. The movie was very interesting but scary. It was about the battle in Bukit Chandu. The battle in Bukit Chandu was the fiercest battle Singapore ever had. The Malay Regiment really fight very well and they did not give up even though they ran out of ammol. In the end, they fought with their fist and weapons. Unfortunately, they lost the battle.

    I dislike the way Japanese soldiers torture the people in Singapore. I find that at that time, the japanese were heartless. They did not even crimate the people.

    I learnt that we should not take Total Defence for granted. We must not take for granted of what we have now. If I was one of the soldiers, I would be very scared as the Japanese were good fighters.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone!
    Do you like this video? It was the fight between the malay regiment and the japanese. It was the fiercest battle in Singapore at that time. I am really proud of the malay regiment as they fought to the end. They were really brave. Even when they ran out of ammol, they still use their fists to fight. When I watched that video, I really hated the Japanes. Why? why must they do this to us? If I were in that state I would have escaped.

    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.What i Liked

    The farm at the Old Fort Factory. There were various crops that people used to grow during the Japanese Occupation as food was scarce. I found it interesting to see the the crops that people used to grow during the Japanese Occupation as I seldom see those crops in Singapore anymore. And the treetop walk at Bukit Chandu. The scenery was absolutely fantastic!

    2.What I Did Not Really Like But Still Find It
    Interesting

    The video at Old Fort Factory. Some of the scenes were too disgusting and it was very bloody on some of them too. But nevertheless, the video was still interesting!

    3.What I Learnt

    I must cherish whatever I have now. My family, my friends, the schooling that I get. Maybe someday, we go to war and all the bueatiful things that I have now will all be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have learnt more about singapore during the jaoanese occupation after watching the video.The video tell me more about the past.I don't like the part that the japanese hang someone on the tree.The japanese are very cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. What I like about the Journey?
    It was interesting and full of both facts and well... um... things about living things

    2. What you dislike about the Learning Journey?
    Some of the place made my photos blur... Too many people were pushing me and stuff like that so that camera cannot like focus well

    3. What I learn about the video in Bt Chandu?
    This video brings a lot of informations about the war in Bt Chandu. Life was hard then. Though they lost in the war, they were still remembered as war heros

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt so angry that the Japanese attacked Singapore and other countries.They should be ashamed of themselves,we must know that fighting is not the way to savlage things.
    I learnt that we should be depending on ourselves,and we should never rely others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello eveyone,
    After watching the video of the battle of Bukit Chandu,i learn that Singapore is our homeland the is where we belong.We must stay loyal to our country and depend on our self not other people.Remember that time when singapore lost the war is because we rely on the british too much.So,we must not repeat this mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1.What i like?

    I like the arteffects in Old Ford Factory and in Bukit Chandu. I also like the garden in Old Ford factory as it contain the wood planks of the death railway that was made by the prisoner of war.

    What I dislike?

    I dislike the scene how the japenese torture the people,as they would pull away people's fingernail. If I was born in that time, I would have suffer alot during the Japnese Occupation. I was very fortuneate.

    What I learn?
    I learn that the world war 2 was very tortureing.

    BY:ang xuan yun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello everybody,

    I like the movie that we watched at Bukit Chandu. The movie was very interesting but scary. It was about the battle in Bukit Chandu. The battle in Bukit Chandu was the fiercest battle Singapore ever had. The Malay Regiment really fight very well and they did not give up even though they ran out of bullets. In the end, they fought with their fist and weapons. Unfortunately, they lost the battle.

    I dislike the way Japanese soldiers torture the people in Singapore. I find that at that time, the japanese were heartless. They did not even crimate the people.

    I learnt that we should not take Total Defence for granted. We must not take for granted of what we have now.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the fighting because they fight with loyal and trust.I dislike about the way that the japanese soilders treat them,they are very cruel.I learn about what happen in the past and we are very lucky that we don't need to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    i like the that we watch bukit chandu. the movie is about a battle at bukit chandu. the japanese is very mean to the malay regiment. l leant that total defence is very important to us.

    valerie kong

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i feel very touching after the show
    ,althouth it was bloody.
    i learnt that if you were wearing a uniform wear it with pride and honour it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What I like?
    I like the arteffects in Old Ford Factory and in Bukit Chandu. I also like the part when the soilders fought bravly even when they ran out of bullets.
    What I dislike?
    I dislike the way the Japanese toture the people. I also dislike some of the parts in the video because it was too violent and scary.
    What I learnt?
    I learnt that no want owns Singapore a living and we must cherish the things we have now.
    minyu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi everybody,I like the movie that we watched at bukit chandu.The movie was about a fierce battle between the Malay Regiment and the japanese .The Malay Regiment fought with their mights and did not give up.I am so touched.I dislike the japanese of how they treat Adnan Saidin.He was the last soldier who was still alive. But the japanese soldier used the rifle to kill him.I learnt that we should not take Total Defence Day for granted because this is the day where we should remember our war heroes of what are the things they have done to protect our country.
    joanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. i feel very sad for the soldiers who died in the war.i am glad that i did not live in the older days. but there is one thing that i am very proud of the british soldiers is that even though they are going to die in the japanese hand,and the japanese ask they to take off their uniform, they said no and they tell the japanese that even they die, they still must wear the uniform n die. i now have learn more about war n i wish i can learn more

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1.What I like??
    .I like the arteffects in both Old Ford Factory and Bukit Chandu.
    .I like the garden behind Old Ford Factory as it shows us what are the food people used to eat during World War 2.

    2.What I dislike??
    .I dislike the way when the Japanese soliders torture the other solidres, by hanging them on the tree upside down.

    3.What I have learnt??
    .I learnt that we must cherish the people or things we have now,our family members,our friends,our schools and many more.When the Whorld War comes again,I must not forget them as they means alot alot to me.

    ReplyDelete